CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, March 23, 2009

Turn It Up, Mama! Our Top 10 Dancing Picks


It's 3:00 p.m. You're sluggish and need a little pick-me-up (other than chocolate).  Maybe Daddy won't be home for another five hours.  That's right . . .five hours.  You've exhausted all your tricks and games.  What else is there?  Time to turn up the music and dance!  Here's a list of 10 feel-good songs that get the heart pumping.  Bye bye, bleary eyes.  Hello, energize!  

  1. Respect, Aretha Franklin
  2. Let's Get It Started, Black-Eyed Peas
  3. I Got You (I Feel Good), James Brown
  4. Beautiful Day, U2
  5. Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Marvin Gaye
  6. That's the Way I Like It, K.C. & the Sunshine Band
  7. I Can't Help Myself  (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch), the Four Tops
  8. Got My Mind Set on You, George Harrison
  9. Walking on Sunshine, Katrina & the Waves
  10. Glory Days, Bruce Springsteen

7 comments:

mirmorris said...

I LOVE these songs! I'm definitely going to turn this into a mix CD for moments when I need a pick-me-up. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great List!!!

A M said...

Love the list MJ! Some other feel-good picks could be "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones, "Take on Me" by Ahha and "I like big butts" by Sir Mixalot. The last one might not be appropriate for youngins though

Ricca said...

Hi MJ! Alyssa LOVES to dance. I have been meaning to make a playlist for the longest time. Thanks for the great suggestions!
-Nancy

Courtney said...

love this list!

Laurie said...

I love glory days! Great picture

Laurie said...

oops, I forgot. i remember you used to always sing Happy Girl and dance to it when we lived together!